1. What’s New in Deep Learning Research: Building AI Agents with Imagination
What’s New in Deep Learning Research: Building AI Agents with Imagination
Imagination is one of those magical features of the human mind that differentiate us from other species. However, deep RL systems typically require large amounts of training that results on knowledge tailored to a very specific set of tasks in an environment.
The I2A Architecture
To enable “imagination” in deep learning agents, the DeepMind team relied on a clever neural network architecture known as I2A. Read More
2. How Artificial Intelligence Helps To Find Right Customers?
Continue reading Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Roundup #30
1. How would you have a machine recognize a cat?
You can see how Scheme responded below.
This may seem uninspiring but it was the first time I spoke to a computer, using a language we both could commonly understand. I believe this feeling belies the core of what programming is: communicating and delegating to a machine. Read More
2. Next-gen AI: AGI research areas – SoftRobot –
Continue reading Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Roundup #29
1. Key Takeaways From Vivatechnology 2018 –
Here are some of the major takeaways:
Tech leaders, including Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg, IBM’s Ginni Rommety and Google’s Eric Schmidt emphasized that AI will be imperative to solving complex problems in the future.
“The fundamental question on employment is not how many jobs will be displaced, but rather what kinds of new skills do people have to develop to maintain employment in the age of AI,” says Vivatechnology speaker Jacques Bughin, a senior partner at McKinsey who co-authored a new report entitled “Automation and the future of the workforce”, which was released at the conference. Read More
2. Why Data Scientists love Gaussian? –
Continue reading Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Roundup #28
1. Two winners announced for “Nobel Prize” of robotics
Engelberger Robotics Awards, considered the most prestigious honor in robotics.
The Award for Technology will go to Universal Robots CTO Esben H.
The prize named in his honor has been awarded since 1977. Read More
2. Now playing: a movie you control with your mind
Continue reading Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Roundup #27
1. What is the value of a sunny day? – Shawn Hartsock –
If a sunny day is happiness then happiness is worth a $1.
When you build your products, ask yourself:
Is it just about dollar amounts. Read More
2. Five Functions of the Brain that are Inspiring AI Research
Continue reading Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Roundup #26
1. This neural network can change the style of music
This neural network can change the style of music
Is there anything the AI can’t do. Starting from editing photo to smelling explosive to detecting cancer, there are a lot more things can be done by computer. And now it can even change the style of music as well. Read More
2. Why AI Will Bring an Explosion of New Jobs –
Continue reading Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Roundup #25
1. 3D Cross-Hair Convolutional Neural Networks – Silicon Valley Global News SVGN.io –
A 23% gain in the depth of the network could be significant for example because the trend in computer vision, via ImageNet, is that top error rates have been decreasing inversely to the depth of the network
On top of that we need innovations in Deep Learning Artificial Neural Networks to identify and segment brain activity that directly correlates to patterns in the real world that have been captured and streamed by robots (autonomous vehicles) Read More
2. Detect mole cancer with your smartphone using Deep Learning
Continue reading Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Roundup #24
1. Nvidia’s researchers teach a robot to perform simple tasks by observing a human
Industrial robots are typically all about repeating a well-defined task over and over again. Usually, that means performing those tasks a safe distance away from the fragile humans that programmed them. In part, that’s what Nvidia’s new robotics lab in Seattle focuses on and the company’s research team today presented some of its most recent work around teaching robots by observing humans at the International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), in Brisbane, Australia. Read More
2. Trends 10 Years On | What’s Next: Top Trends
Continue reading Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Roundup #23
1. How Alibaba is using AI to power the future of business
Alibaba Group is powering ahead with a range of AI research and initiatives in a bid to realise its vision: To make it easy to do business everywhere and anywhere.
With technology the one universal driver behind all of these things, Ren said AI is a big part of the strategic play.
“It can respond to you in a number of ways. Read More
2. Why did Oracle buy DataScience.com ? –
Why did Oracle buy DataScience. com .
Enterprise spending on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning will exceed $57. Read More
3. Garry Kasparov on AI and machine learning – Ismail Ali Manik –
Continue reading Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Roundup #22
1. What Google isn’t telling us about its AI demo
Google made headlines by demonstrating an AI-powered voice assistant that made haircut and restaurant reservations, without betraying that it isn’t human.
Why it matters: Google told both developers and investors that it has created something remarkable, thus increasing its profile and value. When questioned further, however, it will not provide basic evidence to back up its boasts. Read More
2. Feel What This Robot Feels Through Tactile Expressions
Continue reading Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Roundup #21